As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
White Charms and Dark Secrets
(The Grey Witch Series – Book 2)
by Cece Rose
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Slow Burn RH, PNR
Available on Kindle
Down and Dirty
Decent continuation in the series, worth reading.
Read my review of Book 1 here!
What is it about?
Kayla is still reeling form recent events, and the truths they revealed. Her actions weigh on her, and the thoughts will not stop spiraling through her mind. She knows she needs to solve the mystery surrounding her ex-boss, but first she needs another job. Holding her breath for luck, Kayla takes a position as a Bartender at The Rift – the unspoken neutral ground of the paranormal world… and hot spot of criminal activity? What is the worst thing that could happen?
Well…. apparently with a bad luck curse hanging around her neck, the worst that could happen is a case of mistaken identity and a trip to The Tomb….
Book 2 picks up soon after book 1 leaves off, throwing us back into Kayla’s unlucky life as easily as Solas can be summoned. It’s fun, a bit twisted and definitely an emotional ride for Kayla.
The mystery surrounding Kayla, along with her family, is swirl through the pages, though the main crux of this story revolves around the Supernatural Prison, The Tomb – and the events that transpire because of that place.
First Person, Single POV
Episodic with cliffhanger
- Solas: I can’t decide if I love or hate him, if he’s a good guy or a bad guy…. then again, he is a DEMON!
- Definitely and RH… even though the path to that point seems cloudy. S
- Why do shifters always get the raw deal? I’m feeling bad for Darren here.
- More questions than answers… but I guess that’s the point.
This book is fun and unique, offering a different dynamic to familiar character types. I would recommend it.
Published December 25th, 2018
If you enjoyed this review, please be sure to check out a few of my other articles:
- Knightfall by Ann Denton – A Book review
- Gypsy Freak by Kristy Cunning – A Book Review
- Gypsy’s Blood by Kristy Cunning – A Book Review
What are you reading today? Have you found any great reads so far this year? Leave me a comment, drop me a line – I would love to talk!
Leave a Reply