As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
(Their Shifter Academy – Book 3)
by May Dawson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Slow Burn, PNR Academy RH
Available on Kindle and Kindle Unlimited
Down & Dirty
Book 3 REALLY kicks up the action and starts revealing the mysteries that surround this explosive pack. Fast paced and hot enough to melt your eReader, it’s free on Kindle Unlimited.
What is it about?
(Blurb from GoodReads)
Dean McCauley has been replaced by a new dean—one far more dangerous to shifters and witches alike. He’ll try to break my men, and I might not even be there to fight him.
My mother is locked away in one of the cells, ranting and raving about witches invading the shifter academy…
And she’s named me.
To clear my name, I’ll have to track down my father. The man who’s been presumed dead for years…and wants to stay that way.
But what if my mother is right?
What if the truth will destroy my career at the academy and the love I share with my men?
Will they stand with me if I’m no true shifter at all?
Thoughts on Undone
Picking up right where Book 2 leaves off, this novel builds on the expansive world created in the first few books, including the prequel – launching the action into orbit and finally bringing those mentions of ‘rips’ and ‘other realms’ into focus.
Of all the books so far in this series, I think I liked this one the best. It introduces new characters, some of which you are unsure if you should trust or not, while showcasing the true motives of others. Maddie is learning who she is, what she is and just how far she is willing to go to save her chosen family – and they are learning their limits too.
It’s exciting, emotionally harsh and (thankfully) NOT the end of this series!
**I received an ARC of this book and I am thrilled to share my honest opinion!**
- Answers!!! We finally get some, plus quite a few more questions, TBH.
- The new Dean…. do we trust him? Do we hate him? There is more to that man than meet the eye, especially since there is a POV from him.
- Great use of Multiple POV.
- Maddie…. girl is learning and growing.
- Jensen. I honestly didn’t think I could love him more, but I do.
- Same for Rafe.
- NOT the end of this series! I freaked at 80%, thinking this was it, and there was still SOOOO much to answer! Whew… bullet dodged.
- Silas…. Silas!!
- Lex. Alright, I love that boy, but he is still annoying me.
- Tyson… ok, I get WHY he’s worried about THAT, but…no. Not true. Chill dude.
First Person, Multiple POV
Character Age Range
My Final Verdict on Undone
I wasn’t sure how much I would enjoy this series when I first dived in, but three books and a prequel later and I am fully hooked! Somehow, questions are still being thrown, the action is just ratcheting up and the romance is still building. Free in Kindle Unlimited.
Published February 11th, 2020
If you enjoyed this review of Undone, please consider checking out a few of my other articles.
- Keeper of the Pages by Serena Lindhal – A Book Review
- Lay the Ghost by Debbie Cassidy – A Book Review
- Unwanted by May Dawson – A Book Review
What are you reading today? Have you read this series by May Dawson yet? How about other books by her? Leave a comment, I would love to talk!