As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
(Academy of Shifters – Book 2)
by Marisa Claire
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
YA Academy PNR
Available on Kindle and Kindle Unlimited
Down and Dirty
A decent, thought disjointed YA Academy PNR. Free on Kindle Unlimited.
What is it about?
(Blurb from Amazon)
The second semester at the Gladwell Academy of Shifters starts now!
Continue Remi’s incredible story and find out what happens next with Remi, Laith, Victoria, Hickoree, and the others. The darkest secrets about the Tooth and Claw Society will be revealed.
Thoughts on Tooth and Claw Society
First off, I loved book 1. It has the ebb and flow of a great PNR, with mystery and tension to match. This one, however, stumbled, though it tried to push forward the narrative.
I’m disappointed, and that hurts a bit because, like I said, I loved book 1.
Also, that blurb tells us very little about the book. I am not sure if it was published prior to finishing the advertising, or if we are meant to be just teased. But it gives very little.. which is… odd?
- Finally get somewhere with her relationship.
- Certain questions are answered.
- Her skills are explored a bit more.
- Too rushed.
- New tidbits are dropped with like explanation.
- Fade to black scene. Really??! Alright… so it IS a YA… but… *sigh* Oh well.
- Often confusing.
- Ending is abrupt, yes it’s a cliffhanger, but they build up felt false and far too fast.
First Person, Single POV
Character Age Range
Final Verdict on Tooth & Claw Society
It feels like this book could have, and should have, been so much more. The potential is there, along with a solid foundation crafted in Book 1. Unfortunately, it does not quite live up to it’s fore-bearer, though it could still easily earn a place on your TBR list. Free on KU.
Published July 9th, 2019
If you enjoyed this review of Tooth & Claw Society, please consider checking out a few of my other articles.
- The Rise of the Iliri: Books 4-6 (Box Set) by Auryn Hadley – A Book Review
- The Rise of the Iliri: Books 1-3 by Auryn Hadley – A Book Review
- Taming Demons for Beginners by Annette Marie – A Book Review
What are you reading today? Have you read this book yet? How about other books by Marisa Claire? Leave a comment, I would love to talk!