As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
(Their Shifter Princess – Book 1)
by May Dawson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Slow Burn RH, PNR, NA
Available on Kindle and Kindle Unlimited
Down & Dirty
This is the very beginning of a two series saga, the one where roles are introduced, characters say hello and the world starts to become clear. Free on Kindle Unlimited.
What is it about?
(Blurb from GoodReads)
Love could cost me everything.
It’s love that keeps me coming home, to the beautiful house full of ugly secrets. As soon as I’m eighteen, as soon as I can take custody of my little sister myself, I’m going to run.
Survivors don’t fall in love.
But my world is turned upside down by four mysterious men. The heat between us is intense. Their protectiveness feels real. Overnight, they become gods in our town. They can’t seem to stay away from me. I can’t resist them.
Lovers don’t survive.
I can’t risk my chance to save my sister, though. Not even to save my heart.
Is there any hope I can take care of her…and still lose myself in the arms of these men?
THEIR SHIFTER PRINCESS is the first book in an exciting new reverse harem romance series
Thoughts on Their Shifter Princess
I read Maddie’s story before I fell into Piper’s , so I already know the final outcome of this saga…. but I don’t quite know HOW they get there.
Book 1 is all about introductions, how Piper first meets her guys and why… and that why matters. It matters a lot. Piper isn’t what she thinks, her world isn’t what she thought and even her sister is not the sister she’s “always” loved.
It’s interesting, explanatory and satisfying.
- I love ‘looking back’ to see the start of it all, how Piper meets the guys.
- Callum! Alright, I love all the guys (looking at you Josh) but there there is something about Callum that makes me smile.
- The relationship between Maddie and Piper is charming and wonderful.
- I am a bit confused on the true definition of a ‘Pack Princess’ – considering future books, I am unclear the dynamic here…. what it REALLY means. I thought it meant one thing, but no? On to Book 2!
Mostly First Person, Multiple POV
Upper YA, to NA (PG-15 to R)
Character Age Range
18+ (thought the tale begins when she is 17)
My Final Verdict on Their Shifter Princess
A satisfying ‘coming of age’ that serves as the perfect introduction to an expansive world filled with myth and magic. Free on Kindle Unlimited.
Published February 20th, 2019
If you enjoyed this review of Their Shifter Princess, please consider checking out a few of my other articles.
- Not His Dragon by Annie Nicholas – A Book Review
- A Villainous Introduction by Candace Wondrak – A Book Review
- Wraith Captive by Lacey Carter Anderson – A Book Review
What are you reading today? Have you read this book yet? How about other books by May Dawson? Have a favorite? Leave a comment, I would love to talk!!