As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
(The Beginner’s Guide to Necromancy – Book 2)
by Hailey Edwards
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Available in Paperback, on Audio, Kindle and Kindle Unlimited
Down and Dirty
Book 2 is almost as good as Book 1 and so, so worth reading.
Read my review of book 1 here!
What is it about?
(Blurb from GoodReads)
Life was simpler for Grier when she was flat broke and a social pariah. Now she’s carrying the baggage that goes along with the title of Dame Woolworth, and shouldering that weight is giving her a serious crick in the neck. Her work as a Haint is the one thing that makes her feel normal, but even that’s more paranormal than usual.
Spirits are vanishing from well-known hot spots on the ghost tour circuit, and vampires are turning up as shriveled husks. Grier takes it upon herself to uncover what’s preying on Savannah’s supernatural community, and what she uncovers is bigger than a few flickering lampposts gone dark. It’s a deadly threat unleashed by one of their own, and saving her city just might kill her.
The second book in this growing saga does not disappoint, taking the reins from the first one in epic fashion while weaving the complex meta plot even deeper. A few answers are tossed our way, yet more questions are raised – as well a boat load of complications.
I have hope for Grier, but when it comes to a world controlled by millionaire necromancer’s and created vampires…. that hope is slim.
First Person, Single POV
- Again, the characters. They are superb, either those in the spotlight or the supporting faces in the periphery.
- Wooly…. I want that house.
- Linus. I’m mentioning a character again, but he gets special note even above Amelie or Boaz…. who IS he?
- Some things required a second reading to really grasp, ie; the trial.
Great Book 2 – I would recommend this to any and every fan of Urban Fantasy saga’s!
Published December 15th, 2017
If you enjoyed this review, please consider checking out a few of my other articles.
- Royal Trials: Imposter by Tate James – A Book Review
- Virgo Rising by M.J. Marstens – A Book Review
- Dragon’s Fire by Lili Zander and Rory Reynolds – A Book Review
Have you read this series? What did you think? Leave a comment, let me know!