As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
(Eight Wings Academy – Book 2)
by Serena Akeroyd
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Medium Burn, Academy RH, Fantasy, Omega-Verse
Available on Kindle and Kindle Unlimited
Down and Dirty
Things are picking up for Riel and her gang, both in terms of heat and action. Free on Kindle Unlimited.
What is it about?
(Blurb from GoodReads)
She’s found a way to make her Virgo want her… Riel just never realized that way would involve being kidnapped…
Riel’s in danger. Trouble is, she’s been in danger since she was born.
Not just a witch, not just a human, not even just a Fae. She’s all three, and each of those three races come with powers of their own.
Powers some groups want for themselves.
Gaia armed her with her very own bodyguards, guards who’d die to keep Riel safe. Only problem is? She’d die to keep them safe too.
She was Faeling Hard for them right from the start, but is it too late to protect them? Even if she has to protect them from herself?
Thoughts on Faeling Hard
This is a different sort of academy RH, one that stretches away from the classes and focuses on the relationship (s) that are developing. Those relationships are reluctant, but starting to feel more necessary to all involved.
“That’s the problem when you lead an interesting life. Lies and truths aren’t always as cut and dry as you’d like them to be. There’s plenty of gray, child, more than there is black or white.” (18%)
One man’s freedom fighter is another man’s terrorist. (24%)
- Learn more about Gabriela and her powers.
- Hunts of the past come back.
- The bonds are strengthening.
- Omega verse, but not? Odd.
- Asks some of those nagging questions in RH, like about jealousy, disgust, preferences and even if things are perverted. Nice to see that addressed.
- There’s an underlying point of choice woven throughout the narrative, yet on the surface it feels like choice doesn’t matter and this quartet are forced together by kismet. Still working through that.
- Very rushed.
- Felt like a very quick read.
First Person, Multiple POV
NC-17 (18+ only)
Character Age Range
My Final Verdict on Faeling Hard
Entertaining and action packed, this is a good continuation of an absorbing Reverse Harem with a dash of the Omega-Verse. Free on KU.
Published October 24th, 2019
Please note, Faeling Hard is part of a Reverse Harem series which features alternative romantic dynamics and sexual themes more suited to an adult audience.
If you enjoyed this review of Faeling Hard, please consider checking out a few of my other articles.
- Tooth & Claw Society by Marisa Claire – A Book Review
- Havoc by Auryn Hadley – A Book Review
- Unleashing Trials: Year 1 by James & Phoenix – A Book Review
What are you reading today? Have you read this book yet? How about other books by Serena Akeroyd? Leave a comment, I would love to talk!
Leave a Reply