As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ex’s Best Friend
by Aubrey Wright
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Contemporary Romance, Stand Alone
Available on Kindle and Kindle Unlimited
Down and Dirty
Fast and fun, this is a decent afternoon, contemporary romance.
What is it about?
(Blurb from GoodReads)
The cocky hottie is my ex boyfriend’s best friend.He’s also my damn roommate.And he just caught me doing something… private.Living with him was my brilliant ex boyfriend’s idea.I needed a temporary place to crash.But me and the “EX” just broke up.Not that I minded.His million dollar smile had a way of making panties disintegrate.I was doing an OK job at keeping my dirty thoughts to myself…Until he walked in on me.I need a distraction.Something to keep my mind off of him.What’s the first thing you do when someone says “don’t touch”?Yeah, exactly what you’re thinking.This is a full-length romance novel with no cheating and a happily ever after!
Thoughts on Ex’s Best Friend
Wright is an author I choose when I want something light and hot. While there is action in most every book and a sense of danger, that part never really overshadows the emotional upheaval the main characters deal with for each other. This book is no different, though it finds firmer ground than some of the others.
I truly enjoyed watching the highs and lows hit these two, and the revelations of the heart and truth that came their way. Plus, the main FMC is a writer – can’t go wrong with that!!
- No taboos, just an inner sense of right and wrong.
- Great ending!
- A few flash back scenes could have been avoided and shown via dialogue.
- George’s obsession, or possible drug addiction, is never fully explained.
- The idea that the agent dropped her makes no sense. All press is good press, name recognition- find a new agent. Or do what she did.
First Person, Multi POV
NC-17 (Adult only)
Decent for a standard romance. Fast and fun read. Free on Kindle Unlimited.
Published February 25th, 2019
If you enjoyed this review of Ex’s Best Friend, please consider checking out a few of my other articles.
- Pathways by Camille Peters – A Book Review
- Witch’s Honor by Anya J. Cosgrove – A Book Review
- A Token’s Worth by S.A. Parker – A Book Review
What are you reading today? Have you read this book yet? What are your thoughts? Leave a comment, I would love to talk!
Leave a Reply