As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
(Blood Prophecy Omnibus)
by Lili Zander and Rory Reynolds
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Medium Burn, Paranormal Reverse Harem Romance
Available on Kindle and Kindle Unlimited
Down and Dirty
Compilation of the Blood Prophecy Serial Stories – an interesting and rather fun read. Worth picking up on Kindle Unlimited.
What is it about?
(Blurb from GoodReads)
A full-length reverse harem novel containing all five episodes of the Blood Prophecy serial.
Stealing from one dragon is lunacy. Stealing from five of them? I must have a death wish.
Contrary to popular opinion, I really don’t have a death wish.
Yes, I’m a thief, but after almost being torn limb from limb by an irate panther shifter, I’ve given up my law-breaking ways. From now on, I’m sticking to the straight and narrow.
Then Drakkar Raedwulf dangles one tempting, yet impossible job in front of me. Steal a gemstone from the five dragon princes.
I’m not a fool, but Silas, the closest thing I have to a father, is gravely ill. He’ll die if I can’t get him the treatment he needs. Treatments that are far more expensive than I can afford with my crappy minimum-wage job.
So I take the job.
And promptly get caught by the five princes. Bastian. Casius. Rhys. Mateo. Erik.
And that’s where my story really begins…
Because the dragons are cursed, and my blood might be the secret to freeing them.
Glad they put it in one!
When I ran across Dragon Thief, I enjoyed it… then realized it was a serial. Thankfully, they compiled the collection into this omnibus, which reads with no breaks or obvious gaps.
Aria is an incredibly smart and talented Norm, what the people of this version of Earth call Humans without shifter ability. But.. is she really? That question plagues this entire novel, weaving and snarking through the characters and the plot until you don’t quite know the answer yourself, even if you think you do!
First Person, Multiple POV
Medium Burn (or fast if you think of this as ONE book instead of 5 Serials) – 4 Alarm goodness.
- Interesting world building.
- The dragons are fantastic.
- I liked how the consequences weren’t an end of EVERYTHING, just everything they knew… if they failed.
- Decently written.
- Note: READ THE INCLUDED SHORT STORY! It answers the ‘wait… what about…?’ question after the epilogue ends. Mind you, it’s a throw away line, but at least it’s SOMETHING! And you’ll know the question, trust me.
- I’m left with a few fairly big questions that weren’t addressed: her mom? Come on…. tell me more! The diary… seemed important, then nothing. And who took it? And lastly… Bastion’s mom….. THAT Needs a whole novel of explanation itself!
T-shirts with slogans like ‘Go away, I’m introverting,’ (4% of Dragon’s Thief)
This is every single one of my Game-of-Thrones, Harry-Potter, Anne McCaffrey fantasies come to life. (63%)
A Decent Paranormal Reverse Harem that will offer quite a few hours of solid entertainment. Pick it up!
Published April 15th, 2018
Please note, this is a Reverse Harem Story with Sexual themes and scenes more suited towards an adult audience. 18+
If you enjoyed this review, please consider checking out a few of my other articles.
- Hellfire and Kittens by Rhiannon Lee – A Book Review
- Indebted to Vampires by Erin Bedford – A Book Review
- Rune Awakening by Genevra Black – A Book Review
What are you reading today? Have you found any great books you just need to brag about or share? Are you an author who is bursting to throw a link? Leave a comment, drop me a line – I would love to talk!