As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
(The Marked Mage Chronicles – Book 2)
by Victoria Evers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
YA Urban Fantasy Romance
Available on Kindle, Kindle Unlimited and Audio
Down and Dirty
You NEED to read this series!
Read my review of Book 1, Insidious, here!
What is it about?
(Blurb from GoodReads)
Heaven Wants Me Dead.
Hell Wants Me As Their Weapon.
And I’m in Bed With A Devil.
I was just your average seventeen-year-old girl, until I was Marked. Some may sell their souls; mine was taken. Not only are angelic hunters out to kill me, but Hell’s deadliest Mage—the devilishly charming Crown Prince of Lust—is just as desperate to get his hands on me…again. No, he doesn’t want me dead. This seductive trickster only has one thing on his mind: making me his new blushing bride.
He can call me his “mate” all he wants. I’m not about ready to sign my soul away into eternal damnation, no matter how gorgeous he may be. But after two months on the run, I realize I can’t escape the ugly truth. If I wish to fight another day, I just may have to make a deal with the worst kind of devil. The kind that loves me.
I thought I knew what rock bottom was, but this is only the beginning. As the great poet once said, “Hell is empty and all the devils are here.”
Ugh! I NEED book 3!
This story torpedos Kat’s life into a literal whirlwind of action, pain and revelation. I won’t go into too many details, as it will spoil this complex narrative, just know that few things are as they seem, friends can become enemies, enemies are really allies and always protect your heart…
Ok… so I WILL say something more…. Oh my freaking God! This series is really, really good. Not in the good for a YA way, but in general, really good! It’s convoluted, complex, a bit confusing and totally engrossing.
First Person, Single POV (Except for the Prologue)
Come on…. it’s a YA. There’s some heat, no steam, lots of confusion and quite a bit of anger here.
- Exceptionally well written.
- Character growth and revelations rock the players and the reader both.
- Kat: A heroine who actually responds like a rational being. This girl doesn’t just ‘accept’ fate, no, she fights tooth, hair and toenail… and NEVER stops.
- Blaine: Is he evil? Just misunderstood? Either way, he’s amazing.
- Val: Love to hate this guy, in the best way possible.
- With all the action and intrigue, any adult readers won’t care this is labeled YA. Trust me.
- Carly…. ok, so the girl is pretty badass.
- That cover! (Cover Design by CivilAnarchy)
- Very minor editing issues, never detracts.
Officer Hernandez was fifty shades of blue-blooded hotness. (4%)
“Book Nerd? I prefer the term ‘Literary Badass.’” (5%)
You knew things weren’t looking good for you if your list of allies was shorter than your options when playing Rock, Paper, Scissors. (5%)
Sleep stripped us all of our masks, and in this light, he was beautiful. Delicate. Beautifully broken. (38%)
This is an amazing book and an amazing series thus far. I cannot wait for Book 3! I recommend this to all lover of the Urban Fantasy or Paranormal Genre, whether you generally enjoy YA or not.
Published July 14, 2017
If you enjoyed this review, please consider checking out a few of my other articles.
- Hellfire and Kittens by Rhiannon Lee – A Book Review
- A Dead and Stormy Night by Steffanie Holmes – A Book Review
- Her Pack By Candace Wondrak – A Book review
What are you reading today? Have you read this book? What did you think? It was published almost 2 years ago… the wait, the wait! UGH! Leave a comment, let’s talk.
[…] Covetous by Victoria Evers – A Book Review […]