As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
by Mercy DeSimone
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Contemporary, Stand Alone RH
Available on Kindle and Kindle Unlimited
Down & Dirty
Witty, emotional and surprisingly down to Earth, this is a Reverse Harem that is both fun and approachable. Free on Kindle Unlimited.
What is it about?
(Blurb from GoodReads)
When real life challenges you to write your own story…
Josie always dreamed of following in Jane Austen’s footsteps. Instead, she’s surrounded by snarky queens, sullen teens, and a retail job that’s sucking her dry. With her writing and professional career at a standstill, her best friend suggests that what she needs is new inspiration… especially if that includes filling her dance card with more than one sexy, eligible man at a time.
Could it be that maybe a modern girl needs a Quartet to thrive? Here’s what happens when Josie decides that she’s not such a plain Jane after all….
Thoughts on Corsets and Quartets
I loved pretty much everything about this book; mature female main character, realistic guys (for the most part), real life emotional issues, career problems, self-doubt, jealousy….. it’s all here and it’s navigated very well.
Josie is incredibly relatable as a character, from her struggles to get her writing off the ground to her dancing through the sudden influx of available men in her life, it’s a unique tale with a realistic edge that startles as well as intrigues.
- She is in her 40’s – which is fantastic!
- The guys don’t ALL fit the drop dead gorgeous category.
- The jealousy is there, real and addressed.
- The HEA isn’t a fantasy notion, or they all get married or they are fated, etc, etc…. it follows the line of the narrative and suggests that happy is as happy does and they are happy where they are.
- Her self-doubt is sabotaging, like so many of us.
- What happened with her story???! I want to know how IT ends too!
First Person, Single POV
Character Age Range
My Final Verdict on Corsets and Quartets
Fun, relatable and often hilarious, this is a Reverse Harem you can sink you teeth and heart into. Free on Kindle Unlimited.
Published August 1st, 2020
If you enjoyed this review of Corsets and Quartets, please consider checking out a few of my other articles.
- Elven Doom by Lindsay Buroker – A Book Review
- Once Bitten by Trina M. Lee – A Book Review
- Court of Frost by Helen Scott – A Book Review
What are you reading today? Have you read this book yet? Have you read anything else by Mercy Desimone? She currently has a small portfolio, but there ARE other titles available. Leave a comment, I would love to talk!