As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Consort of Rebels (Magic Awakened – Book 3)
by Sadie Moss
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
slow burn rh, paranormal
Available on Kindle and Kindle Unlimited
Down and Dirty
Satisfying ending to a great series – read it!
What is it about?
Lana is imprisoned and injured, the captive of an enemy she never saw coming. On one hand, her unstable magic is subdued, trapped and suppressed by the bars that surround her, allowing to hols its destructive power at bay. On the other hand, she is far away from the calming influence of her bonded four… and desperate to return to them. When the fates align and freedom calls, she reenters the fray – only to find herself the unwilling icon to a rebellion on the brink of war. It’s going to take all of them, and every faction, to fight the battles that are looming ahead… and none of them knows how this may end.
The third and final book in this riveting trilogy offers the kind of conclusion you HOPE for in a well thought out series. Not only does the action notch up to a nuclear pace, the romantic tension that has been brewing between the five blossoms and explodes, bringing the full Reverse Harem theme to light. Long sought answers are finally given and the political intrigue that plagues the elite is brought into focus – shining a severe and brutal glare to the corruption of power and the desire to hoard it.
In the end, I was satisfied with a well written series and content with the resolutions offered.
Written in First Person POV
- Writing style. Seriously, I’m hooked. Just picked up another Sadie Moss book from KU.
- Lana… she gets even MORE badass, if you can believe it. But this power isn’t physical or magical, it’s all in the strength of her will.
- Sex scenes: Like Book 2, these scenes are intense and super steamy, yet written in such a way that they are far from blunt or crude. She shies away from language that flirts with guttural, instead choosing to up the literary game by describing the feelings as well as the actions.
- Jae: Is he my favorite? I don’t know! But I love him.
- Well edited.
- You have to read the prequel to understand Corin and Lana’s backstory, Kissed by Shadows.. and is that really even a ‘con’? This prequel is available on Kindle, not Kindle Unlimited.
- A few moments rang reminiscent of The Mockingjay series, but only in feel, not in actual words – and not actually in a bad way, if that makes any sense. (Leave a comment when you find what I am talking about, it’s pretty obvious).
This is a must read for your TBR (To Be Read) pile. The entire trilogy is top notch, and I recommend it without reservations for an inventive, Reverse Harem saga.
Published: October 30th, 2018
Please note, this is a Reverse Harem Novel that features sexual content more suited to older audiences, 18+.
If you like this article, please be sure to check out a few of my other ones!
What are you reading now? Have you found any great book in the New Year? Leave a comment below, drop me a link, share the love! My Kindle is always needing some new recommendations – as is my blog! Happy reading!